The Governors monitor the performance of the schools in our Federations. They protect the interests of the school and its children, offer guidance and support and promote good communication with all parents. They work with school staff to oversee the curriculum, manage its finances and ensure that all aspects of the school's provision are of a consistently high standard.
The Governing Bodies act as a critical friend of the schools. They work closely with the Headteachers and make decisions collectively as a team. They conduct their business through meetings, using relevant documents and advice from the Headteachers for guidance. We are fortunate to have extremely committed and skilled Governing Bodies, who take a keen interest in our Federations' continued development and success.
The legal responsibilities of the Governing Bodies are to:
- Help raise standards of education and achievement
- Plan the school’s future direction
- Take general responsibility for the conduct of the school
- Manage the school budget, including staff numbers and pay
- Make sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based, and that National Curriculum is taught
- Set targets of achievement
- Report National Curriculum assessments and examination results to parents
- Decide how the school encourages pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development
- Making sure the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special needs
- They are accountable to parents and the wider community for the school’s performance
- Draw an action plan after an Ofsted inspection
- Appoint the Headteacher and participate in the appointment of senior staff
- Regulate staff conduct and discipline
For more information on how to become a school governor click on the link below, contact the chair of governors Mrs Amber Byrne or contact your school office.
To contact the Chair of Governors please email firstname.lastname@example.org or through your school office. Parent Governors may also be contacted via your school office.
Governor meeting minutes are available on request. Please contact your school office to receive a copy.